Monday, November 16, 2009

Damn I suck (On Writing)

Where to start when you haven't blogged in almost 9 months! Enough time to carry a baby full term.

I think I'm too busy to write. There is always so much to do. I'm missing a ton of stuff every week in ATL because there is just so much to do in ATL and not much of it is close. And then the house is in shambles and I have so much to do if we'll ever get rid of the damn thing. Plus the holidays are coming so I feel impending doom of even more to do.

This is why writers have special little rooms to limit distractions. This is why a lot of writers live in cold places. I need the cold and quiet. I do not have a quiet mind and this is what I need to write. With so much to do and Simon, who is quiet like a toddler with a tummy full of cotton candy at the amusement park for the day, I just can't focus on anything.

The other thing that makes it hard for me to write is that a lot of times I feel with writing it is about finishing. For me the writing is about the doing and finding the right word to express what I'm thinking and feeling. Getting that down on paper is the accomplishment but that doesn't mean there is an end. No end in sign nor even an ending point. So, maybe this blogging thing will work for me as every entry can be seen as a victory since it has its own ending point.

Finding quiet time and places:
Yesterday we went walking our new dog Alexei up Kennesaw Mountain. We went very late in the day so we didn't have long which is the bad part, but the good part is that most people were leaving. I wish I could be there alone. It was so nice at twilight with the sounds of the squirrels and chipmunks scampering through the leaves as the only sound. I know I should be going to all of the events/attractions in GA that I can before we leave it but all I really want to do is spend all day in the wilderness and quiet. Then go into the city for an occasional musical. :)

No comments: