Monday, May 7, 2012

Feb 3 2009--revisited. aka "Going Public"

If you read my 2/3/09 post you'll see I'm still struggling with the same issues. Talk about being stuck. No progress in over 3 years--SHAMEFUL!

What can be done about this problem? The only thing that might work is going public. I've sent the link to a few friends to get some feedback about the public viability of such a blog. One comment was that it is so personal it makes her feel voyeuristic to read it.  I get that but I'm struggling with it too.

I've read a lot of other blogs out there. Sure some are just topical and funny and mainly superficial but some are very deep and poignant and soul-searching. However, I can't think of a soul-baring one where I personally know the writer. That must be the difference.

I don't mean to make anyone uncomfortable. The freedom to say whatever I want to say is absolutely necessary or I just can't and won't write. I'm trying to break down barriers to writing here and need to keep it real. If I know that someone out there might read this blog maybe I really can get committed to writing every day.  Every author says to write everyday, no matter what.  A lot of them say like a job but that's not motivating for me. Like a compulsion is closer to how I see it. Lawd knows I have enough inner monologues going on I should be able to write daily and compulsively. 

In this spirit, this blog is now public. We'll have to see how it develops over the next few months. So far I've felt very creative this whole 7 days of May.  Hope to build on this. Since May is my birth month and I just started my 44th year on this planet, maybe this is a great creative rebirth. Or maybe only strangers should read my blog.  Stay tuned.

No comments: